1. FIVE memorable moments with your best friend and one you would rather forget
1. The night we met at the Court of King Richard III. The affinity between us was instant, but it was not until later that each of us learned what the other one was. Everyone, including me, knew he was married and had eyes mainly for those with fair hair. But we proved that sometimes social conventions and assumptions can be quite incorrect.
2. Hsu being in France to help deliver Caroline. He had been away for a very long time in the British Isles and in Holland, but he made it just in time.
3. Even though he was an SS Colonel, I was secretly glad it was Hsu who took up residence at the Chateau de Rochefort rather than some other German officer. Later it was he who helped me to either hide the family heirlooms in the catacombs or ship most of them off to Switzerland even as we pretended he was looting from us.
4. Having my youngest daughter, Jocelyn at the tender age of four announce to an entire room at Hsu’s ranch in Switzerland that she was going to marry her godfather. No one spoke nor made a sound as she regally walked across the room, and then promptly crawled up into his lap and fell asleep in the very territory that she had just claimed as her own. Hsu was wonderfully gentle and indulgent with her.
5. The night that I finally told Hsu that if I could have done so, I would have moved Heaven, Hell and Earth to have given him a son. I think it was that night in which he finally understood why I asked him to be the Godfather of my daughters. I had many reasons, but it was my way of giving him, albeit indirectly, that which I could not have provided for him otherwise.
And the one to forget: Hsu once was teaching me how to ski. I do not like snow, and I certainly do not favour Winter. I did, however, indulge my friend and ended up breaking the skis and getting hopelessly tangled up in underbrush on that mountain in Switzerland. It would seem the only bramble bush in the area and I found it. The cuts and bruises on my skin healed quickly, but my ego was rather sore for many weeks afterward. Every once in a while, when he is being particularly stroppy, he does continue to remind me of it.
Muse: Fanny Fae / Faelyn de Rochefort
Fandom: Original Character
Word Count: 401